Among the many articles written about the sex recession, the one headline that’s a definite head scratcher claims that a subset of people like to keep their AirPods in while having sex.
Take a minute to mull that over.
TickPick, an online ticketing service, conducted a survey of 1,000 people who are sexually active and interested in music. While TickPick doesn’t sound like the most reliable source of scientific information, they discovered that 17% of participants like to keep their little pods in when having sex.
- Pop fans, the majority of them belonging to the youngest demographic surveyed, were the least likely to be satisfied in bed.
- Nearly 80% of people with the same musical taste as their partner were satisfied with their sex lives. They had sex an average of eight times per month.
- 43% of people who had different musical tastes as their partners claimed to be unsatisfied with their sex lives. They had sex an average of six times per month.
- Fans of indie rock were more likely to be into BDSM.
- Fans of heavy metal were the most likely to use contraceptives while fans of country were the least likely, with only 49% of them taking precautions.
No matter your thoughts on this survey and all of these interesting bits of data, you should still be shocked over the fact that 17% of people keep their AirPods in during sex. This knowledge gives a whole new meaning to all of those AirPod memes.
Regina watch out! The school bus is coming!
OH MY GOD SHE HAS HER AIRPODS IN! SHE CAN’T HEAR US! pic.twitter.com/LiHEd8GWCT
— Daniel ????️? (@deaxlin) January 31, 2019
People are really out there doing what they want. And you can bet Apple is thrilled with this tidbit of free marketing. Those little devices really do stay put.