We all have our phones on us at all times, so it’s easy to forget that they’re complex devices filled with circuits and electricity, which means that sometimes things can go really wrong with them. The Samsung Galaxy has been known to burst into flame. In the case of the iPhone S6, the device can sometimes, inexplicably, explode.
Related Story: New Study Proves Digital Assistants Are Dangerous
Don’t freak out yet. While exploding phones are a possibility, it’s not that common. In this particular case, the device was undergoing repairs, so at least there’s an explanation behind the fire. Maybe the guy who was tinkering it screwed up along the way.
KTNV was the first to report a video of the incident. In it, someone records the surveillance video from the repair shop while they coolly listen to Marvin Gaye’s “Got To Give It Up,” drowning out the sound of the explosion and giving a soundtrack to the scared technician who jumps away from his work desk.
Mashable explains why this phenomenon of exploding phones sometimes happens, claiming that lithium ion batteries are prone to combust if they’re damaged or defective. Exposure to heat could also explain an explosion such as this one.
Related Story: People Risking Their Lives For The Perfect Selfie
While the footage is sufficiently creepy, it also serves as a reminder of how important it is to take care of your phone. When it’s hot out keep the device out of of the sun, and no matter how tired you are, never sleep with it on your bed. Especially while it’s charging. You know you do it.