From improving patient safety to understanding ever-changing guidelines, here are 7 vital resources that every healthcare professional and organization should have at their fingertips.
Staying on top of a pandemic is no small task. Whether you’re an administrator, HCP or organization, finding information that’s easy to access can be a feat all on its own.
While coronavirus is stretching every aspect of the nation’s health care system, many associations and organizations are partnering to elevate important information and a better level of care for all.
In a world where information is available at the speed of light, it’s important to have a curated list of up-to-date and easily accessible materials to share with your team and partners.
From improving patient safety to understanding ever-changing guidelines, here are seven vital resources that every healthcare professional and organization should have at their fingertips:
- The Institute for Healthcare Improvement hosts a comprehensive guide for all healthcare professionals and organizations on their site. Broken down by job type and need, the list covers testing, administrators, healthcare facilities, reimbursement and more.
- The Joint Commission Center for Transforming Healthcare offers a thorough file-cabinet-style list of curated COVID resources by subtitle. They state, “Our goal in creating this resource page is to support health care professionals and organizations on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic. The situation is changing rapidly, and recommendations have been changing with similar speed.”
- The International Association of National Public Health Institutes offers a country-by-country list that incorporates WHO resources as well as CDC guides.
- For those in rural areas, the National Rural Health Association offers a full list of COVID-related resources on their site. Focused especially on advocating for communities who are often underserved, they also offer a state-by-state Department of Health list.
- Elsevier’s Novel Coronavirus Resource Directory not only includes information for healthcare organizations and professionals, but they are offering over 21,000 articles for free to researchers in the field.
- The Centers for Disease Control compiled dozens of resources, curated especially for healthcare professionals and organizations here.
- Keep up to date with the Food and Drug Administration’s daily briefings and COVID-19-related news here.
- The National Association for Healthcare Quality (NAHQ)has a COVID-19 toolkit available to non-members. Click here to view the resources. Additionally, NAHQ has announced a collaboration with 7 healthcare associations, sharing information to get to the front-lines more quickly. These associations include:
- American Association for Physician Leadership
- American College of Healthcare Executives
- American Medical Group Association
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- College of Healthcare Information Management Executives
- Healthcare Finance Management Association
- Medical Group Management Association
Whether you’re a healthcare organization, practitioner or professional, ensure you have the most accurate information by bookmarking these sites. Afterall, mandates and guidelines are changing at the speed of light. Helping patients stay well is a full-time job; these resources will save time and increase efficiency.