Macaroni and cheese is the food equivalent of a big hug. It’s cozy, it’s comforting, and it tastes like pure love. But this version isn’t just high in its comfort food quotient: it will actually get you high, because it’s made with cannabutter!
Bursting with cheesy, gooey perfection, this dish comes together in just about ten minutes. It makes a perfect single serving, which is a good thing since you definitely won’t want to share. However, if you are feeling kind and loving and generous, the recipe can be doubled.
Cannabis Mac & Cheese
Makes one serving
- ½ cup elbow macaroni
- ½ cup milk (whatever type you like)
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp cannabutter (This recipe can be made with regular cannabutter or vegan cannabutter)
- 2 tsp unsalted butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Cook the elbow macaroni per the package instructions, cooking to the “al dente” point. Remove from heat, strain, then return the cooked macaroni to the pot.
2. Add the milk, cheddar cheese, cannabutter, unsalted butter, and a pinch of salt and pepper to the pot with the macaroni.
3. Apply low heat, and cook, stirring frequently, until the mixture has come together and thickened to your desired level. Me, I like to wait until the spoon leaves a streak in the bottom of the pan as I stir; that is a good sign that the cheese has reached a nice, creamy yet not too “wet” consistency.
4. Remove from heat, and add more salt and pepper if desired. Enjoy!
A note on dosage
I “dosed” this recipe with 1 teaspoon of cannabutter per serving. The strength of your finished product will depend on many factors, including the type of marijuana you used and how you made your cannabutter. For more tips on proper dosage, visit this post.
You can use whole milk, 2%, 1%, or skim. The recipe can also be made with non-dairy milks, though the flavor and texture of the finished dish may vary.
If desired, you can use a different type of grated cheese or even a mix of cheeses in this recipe. Choose your own cheesy adventure!