At this year, every one wants to indulge a bit – here are some fun cocktails to make the season merry and bright
For some, the holiday season is a bit more merry and bright with a little nip of their favorite whiskey. Monks help introduce the world to whiskey over 1000 year ago after. The boom of American-made whiskeys didn’t start until the 1960s, when the U.S. government officially labeled bourbon as the official distilled spirit of the United States. This led to booming sales and production as certain types of whiskey from the Americas became more popular throughout the following decades. While vodka, wine, beer and may be more embraced, whiskey brings a warmth to the soul. To celebrate the season, here are some easy holiday whiskey cocktails.
Whiskey Holiday Kiss
If you want to live your own Hallmark movie romance, enjoy this drink next to. your tree.
- 8 Ounces of Bourbon
- 8 Ounces of Orange Juice
- 4 Ounce of Pomegranate or Cranberry Juice
- 8 Ounces of Orange Soda Water
- 2 Tablespoons of Honey
- 4 Tablespoons of Water
- Make honey simple syrup. Add honey and water to a small pan and bring to a simmer. Stir and remove from heat.
- Chill martini glasses
- Add ingredient to shaker with ice, shake and strain into martini glass
- Top with orange soda water
It’s a Wonderful Cocktail
Like the movie, this quick and nuanced drink brings out a variety flavors and – spicy, warm, peat, with a bit of sweetness and merriment.
- Fill glass with ice
- Add the bourbon, cinnamon liqueur and cherry juice. Stir to combine
- Add 7UP
- Garnish with maraschino cherries, an orange slice
RELATED: Starbucks Plays Scrooge Again
Boozy Hot Chocolate
This quick and fun cocktail can be whipped up quickly and makes an easy holiday moment
- Packet of Hot Chocolate
- 1 cup of hot water or milk
- 1 jigger of whiskey, bourbon, or brandy
- Whipped cream or mini-marshmallows for topping
- Heat the water/milk
- Mix heated liquid and add packet of hot chocolate, stir throurghly
- add whiskey
- Top with whipped cream or marshmellows
Hope you enjoy this easy holiday whiskey cocktails.