Some of the many, many highlights include:
Other notes of interest within the nearly 10,000 comments that crammed the string before Bourdain ran out of time and whiskey:
- He likes cooking shows, specifically Top Chef, but, “On the other hand, they’ve created an entire species of cook, who really doesn’t want to work in a restaurant; they just want to be on TV. And that’s always worrying.”
- Of all the places in the world he’d like to retire, he’d choose Italy.
- The best tostada in the world is in Ensenada in Baja in Mexico at a place called La Guerrerense.
- The three people he’d like to have dinner with: Louise Brooks, Orson Welles, and James Angleton, the former head of capital intelligence for the CIA.
- He’d love to film a show with Keith Richards.