Marijuana use directly affects brain function, specifically the parts of the brain responsible for memory, learning, attention, decision-making, coordination, emotions, and reaction time. When in this state, there are definitely some things you should not do. An SNL alum highlights that point when he shared he bought a ferry while stoned!
Pete Davidson is know as much for TV as his dating life and good humor. The talented star has been frank about having borderline personality disorder (BPD) and using medical marijuana to manage. Like many other comedians, Davidson struggles and it helps him calm his brain. He has dated Ariana Grande, Kate Beckinsale, Kim Kardashian and more while having a bit of a goofy good time boy attitude. He lives his life on this terms.
Davidson walked the red carpet at the premiere of Transformers: Rise of the Beasts in New York City, and opened up about his surprise Staten Island Ferry investment with his former Saturday Night Live so-star made in January 2022.
Davidson shared he and Colin Jost got stoned and did a little shopping. They won a decommissioned Staten Island ferry at auction for only $280,000! That is a bit more than most people spend on Wayfare, Amazon or Ebay after having an edible or too much wine.
So while consuming here are some things you might not want to do if you had a bit much:
- Texting exes – social media is full of either next day regrets or memes about people who did not this this advice
- Drive a car, motorbike, boat, ship, scooter, bike or plane – it is just common sense
- Overeat. Ted in Pasadena, California says he makes a big low fat/calorie platter to snack on when consuming and watching movies. It keeps him from devouring huge helpings of rice, ice cream and other things he regrets.
- Taking the plunge and asking your crush out. While it may be considered cute and work out, there are minefields you should avoid.
- Talk about important issues. It will be hard to focus on complicated matters and you may decide in the moment to cede more than you planned.
- Watch scary movies. Could be to much of the wrong type of stimulation.
- Respond to work emails or calls, this does NOT need to be explained.
- Have key one on one appointments. This includes your therapist, hair dresser, pastor, parole officer and more.
- Decide on getting ink immediately. You want to wait 24 hours, trust us.
Davidson and Jost continue to be the owners of a the 1965 MV John F. Kennedy. The 2109 ton ship is 277 feet long with 3 decks and can hold up to 3,500 passengers and 40 cars. They are still exploring the options of making it an event space or club.
At the premier Davidson shared “I have no idea what’s going on with that thing, we’re figuring it out.”