‘Truth Hurts’, one of Lizzo’s most iconic songs, leads to this week’s most popular and relatable meme.
2019 has been a great year for Lizzo. Despite the fact that she permeates award shows and all sorts of musical conversations, her rise in notoriety only began a few years ago, with the release of some really amazing songs. One of her biggest hits is “Truth Hurts,” which has also become this week’s most prominent meme due to its epic lyrics.
I just took a DNA test turns out I’m 100% dead. I’m a ghost.
— D’Arcy Carden (@DarcyCarden) August 28, 2019
The meme takes the lyrics “I just took a DNA test turn out,” and gives people the chance to say anything they can think of. It could be something totally random and nonsensical, the lyrics of another iconic song or some deep truth we can all relate to. Celebrities like D’Arcy Carden and Hillary Clinton have even pitched in and contributed to the jokes.
Check out some of the best entries below:
I just took a DNA* test** turns out I’m 100% that Bitch***
*** the strawberry flavor in neapolitan ice cream
— OM (and I cannot stress this enough) G (@ThatOMGkid) August 20, 2019
I just took a DNA test, turns out I’m 100% a dumb bitch who believes every one has good intentions.
— Brat (@BitchingLesbian) August 24, 2019
Just took a DNA test and found out that when I was a young boy my father took me into the city to see a marching band
— dirk diggler (@TakeForGrantd) August 17, 2019
Just took a dna test turns out I’m 100% concerned about climate change and our fate as a society
— lauren jennings (@laurenjenn22) August 28, 2019
i just took a dna test
— gary from teen mom (@garyfromteenmom) August 17, 2019
I just took a DNA test turns out we shouldn’t be willfully giving our genealogical information to private companies who can be subpoenaed by the government at any time
— claire (@claire_hom) July 29, 2019
I just took a DNA test, turns out… I’m only like 10% that bitch and the other 90% is coffee and anxiety.
— Jane L. Sumner (@JaneLSumner) July 8, 2019
I just took a DNA test turns out I’m 100% two kids in a trench coat trying to see an R rated movie
— Alise Morales (@AliseNavidad) June 26, 2019
“I just took a DNA test, turns out…”
— Hillary Clinton (@HillaryClinton) August 21, 2019