Hey, remember pudding pops? This homemade version has a totally tubular surprise in the middle: a cannabutter core!
This recipe starts out with instant pudding, which is combined with whipped cream for a perfectly creamy texture and flavor. Then, while filling the popsicle molds, you sneak in a spoonful of cannabutter in the center of each pop. When they’re frozen and it’s time to enjoy, it’s like each portion has a psychedelic buried treasure hidden inside!
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant pudding (I used pistachio, because it’s clearly the best flavor, but you can use whatever flavor you prefer)
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 6 teaspoons cannabutter (regular cannabutter or vegan cannabutter is fine, too)
- 6 small paper or plastic cups (6 to 8 ounces, and not too wide, works best)
- 6 popsicle sticks or wooden coffee stirrers
1. In a large bowl, whisk the pudding mix and milk together until it begins to thicken.
2. Add the whipped cream, and whisk (or stir) until incorporated and smooth in color.
3. Spoon a small amount of the pudding into each cup. Spoon 1 teaspoon of cannabutter on top of the pudding.
4. Divide the remainder of the pudding evenly among the cups (they won’t be all the way full). Press a popsicle stick or wooden coffee stirrer into the center of each one.
5. Freeze for at least 4 hours (overnight is even better, texture-wise). To remove from the cups, I like to run a sharp knife around the perimeter of each cup; sometimes they’ll come right out, other times you might need to use kitchen shears to cut the cups away. Store leftovers in the freezer for up to 1 month.
A Note On Dosage:
I “dosed” this recipe with 1 teaspoon of cannabutter per serving. The strength of your finished product will depend on many factors, including the type of marijuana you used and how you made your cannabutter. For more tips on proper dosage, visit this post.