Inspiration hit for these canna-truffles when I was invited to a party at the last minute, and I wanted to make a great impression. It’s one of the easiest ways to use cannabutter and you can enjoy it as a nice midday pick-you-up without overdoing things.
Related Story: Cannabutter: A Beginner’s Guide To Making The Best Ever
For molding, I use silicone ice cube trays that you can grab at most grocery stores and then wrapped them in foil. They were a big hit at the party and sure to be a staple in my fridge from now on. Here’s how you do it:
Mise En Place
- A large pot
- A small pot
- A large mixing bowl that sits on top of the pot
- A whisk
- A rubber spatula
- Silicon molds (see notes)
- 20 ounces of milk or dark chocolate
- 5-10 ounces of cannabis butter depending on how strong the butter is and how strong you want the final product to be.
- cannabis sugar cookie crumbs (optional)
- a dash of chili powder (see note)
Method of Preparation:
- Fill the pot about halfway with water and set to simmer on the stoveYou’re cooking at home, it doesn’t have to be perfect
- Pour the chocolate chips in the bowl and set on top of the large pot with water.
- Let the chocolate melt while melting the butter in the smaller pot
- Once both the chocolate and butter melt, slowly add the butter to the chocolate whisking well
- Add the cookie crumbs and chili powder and then pour into the molds
- Let em set in the fridge for a few hours or even better, overnight.
- You can wrap them in foil if you’re giving them away or just keep em in your fridge for a quick pick me up.
- I like dark chocolate but you can also use milk chocolate or a combination of both.
- I added the sugar cookie crumbs for a bit of texture and a little extra kick but you can feel free to add chopped nuts or even dried fruit.
- Silicone molds. These are great to have in the Kitchen and I used ice cube trays I got a the local grocery store but you can find them in all kinds of shapes and sizes on amazon and they’re not too expensive for how long they last.