Monday, September 26, 2022

Watch This Smartphone Battery Explode When A Guy Bites Into It

For some reason, a man in China thought that biting into his phone’s battery was a good idea. It wasn’t. It literally blew up in his face.

According to Taiwan News, it’s common for people in China to bite into bars of gold to check for their authenticity, which is why the man might have bit into his phone. China is also filled with dubious tech products, so maybe the man was just trying to be safe, to check if his investment was worth the money. The one difference is that batteries aren’t bars of gold, and they’re also kind of toxic.

Security camera footage captured the moment when the man bites into the battery while in a cluttered store, and the device dramatically blows up in his face.

Luckily, no one was hurt in the incident, not even the man who’s face was inches away from the blast. The Huffington Post explains that phones rarely explode, but that when they do is because of the “positive” and the “negative” battery plates have become joined. They also explain that lithium batteries can explode when they’re overcharged, although it is very rare, and it mainly happens when they’re charged by knock off chargers.

So now you know. Never bite into a toxic lithium bar. Or any batteries in general, just to keep things on the safe side. It’s a bad idea.



Don't Miss Your Weekly Dose of The Fresh Toast.

Stay informed with exclusive news briefs delivered directly to your inbox every Friday.

We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe anytime.