Spring cleaning includes airing out the basement and straightening out the junk drawer, but don’t forget to take the time to clean your marijuana gear.
For many of us, this is the time of year to do some annual household tidying up. You know, spray cleaning window screens, airing out the basement, straightening out the junk drawer and that sort of mindless drudgery. But don’t forget to take the time to clean your marijuana gear.
From pipes, to vapes to grinders, now is a good time to give your equipment a thorough scrubbing. Not only will it improve your session, it will save you money in the long run. And besides, doesn’t it just feel better taking a nice puff off a freshly cleaned piece?
Save A Few Bucks By Using Household Goods
No need forking over a lot of money for special cleaning solutions. Just take a look around your house or apartment and you’ll probably have most of what you need.
- Rubbing Alcohol: Isopropyl alcohol is the go-to cleaning solution for glass. You can soak your pipe or bong in rubbing alcohol overnight and it will break down the resin and make cleaning a snap.
- White Vinegar: White vinegar helps remove hard-water stains. If you fill your smoking device with distilled water, you shouldn’t get stains. But, really, most of us just use tap water. Clean the inside and outside of your bong with white vinegar before moving on to the rubbing alcohol cleanse.
- Cotton Swabs: Keep them out of your ears and use them to clean your gadgets. Just dip the swab in a little rubbing alcohol and scrub your pipe, vape pen or any other device.
- Salt: Any course salt should do the trick, but epsom salts are recommended. Adding salt to rubbing alcohol helps remove harder stains. It is a mild abrasive that shouldn’t damage your piece.
- Pipe cleaners: Gee, you mean pipe cleaners aren’t just made for arts and crafts? That’s right, pipe cleaners happen to be very effective in, well, cleaning pipes.
- Toothbrush: Next time you go to the pharmacy, pick up an extra toothbrush for your cannabis cleaning kit. It’s perfect for scrubbing metal, wood and other material used to make marijuana appliances.
Whether you enjoy a pipe or a bong, glass needs to be cleaned regularly. Here is the easiest and fastest way to get glass clean:
- Make sure you have removed resin and dried-on plant matter from the piece.
- In a bowl or zip-lock bag, add in rubbing alcohol and a little salt.
- Let soak for at least an hour (overnight works great).
- Remove salt and alcohol mixture.
- Rinse well with water.
Your grinder is your workhorse. And it is typically ignored when it comes to cleaning. It’s really easy to keep your grinder in tip-top shape:
- Disassemble your grinder and place the pieces in a pan of water.
- Bring the water to a boil and remove the pan from the heat.
- Let the pieces sit in the hot water for 15-30 minutes.
- Carefully remove the disassembled pieces from the water with tongs or spatula.
- Scrub the pieces with a toothbrush or rag.
Yes, even your go-to mobile vape device needs care. There is nothing worse than a malfunctioning vape pen when you are away from home and a simple cleaning was all you needed.
This story, tells you all you need to know to keep that vape pen in working order.