Do you have almond butter, eggs, sugar, and cannabutter on hand? If so, you could be enjoying these cannabis almond butter mini cakes in just about 20 minutes from now.
These mini cakes have a lot going for them. For one, they’re gluten-free, so if you’re avoiding flour for health or diet, they’re a perfect way to still enjoy cake while avoiding grains. Second, they don’t require too much time: the recipe comes together in less than ten minutes, and then requires only about 10 more minutes to bake. Third, they have a healthy dose of cannabutter, so they’re bound to take you to beautiful places.
Related Story: Cannabutter: A Beginner’s Guide To Making The Best Ever
Oh, and it bears mention that this recipe is open to substitution. If you don’t have (or don’t like) almond butter, you can go ahead and try this recipe with peanut butter or another nut butter of your choosing.
Makes 6 mini cakes
- 2 eggs
- 4 ounces almond butter
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cannabutter, very soft (I used cannabis coconut oil)
Optional added flavorings (if desired): pinch of salt (suggested if the almond butter is unsalted), ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract.
Related Story: How To MakeHighly Addictive Cannabis Carrot Fries
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Either line 6 cups of a muffin tin with cupcake liners, or grease the crap out of them with butter or shortening.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk the eggs until they have doubled in size and become lighter/opaque-looking in color; this can take anywhere from 3-6 minutes.
3. Pause the mixer; add the almond butter, sugar, and cannabutter. Whisk on the lowest speed until just combined and cohesive. If your almond butter is really thick, then switch to the paddle attachment.
4. Divide the batter evenly between the 6 cups (they’ll be about halfway full).
5. Bake for 8-12 minutes, or until golden on the edges and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean. Remove from the oven, and let cool slightly before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
6. If desired, garnish with a confectioners’ sugar glaze, icing of your choice, almond slivers, or confectioners’ sugar dusted on top.
A note on dosage
I “dosed” this recipe with 1 teaspoon of cannabutter per serving (3 teaspoons = 1 tablespoon). The strength of your finished product will depend on many factors, including the type of marijuana you used and how you made your cannabutter. Adding more cannabutter can affect the texture of the finished goodies. For more tips on proper dosage, visit this post.
[gravityform id=”13″ title=”false” description=”true”]