Friday, August 12, 2022

Snaggletoothed Pug Given “Hometown Hero Award” After Rescuing His Family From A Fire

The night of August 29, as Todd Lavoie and Mikaela Sebree were asleep upstairs in their Meridian, Idaho home, sparks began flying from an outlet and power strip somewhere on their first floor. The sparks triggered a small fire, which, according to the Meridian fire department, would’ve spread and “greatly damaged” the home and its residents had Jaxson, the couple’s dignified and snaggletoothed pug, not come to the rescue.

Photo via City of Meridian
Photo via City of Meridian

Jaxson, 11, saw the sparks and began loudly barking in what was described to BuzzFeed News as an “irregular tone and cadence,” which caused his owners to rush downstairs. Lavoie spotted the fire and quickly extinguished it.

“Firefighters determined that if it were not for Jaxson, the house, its contents, lives, and memories would have been greatly damaged as Todd would not have been notified about the fire until the fire alarms were tripped,” a city spokesperson told BuzzFeed.

To reward him for his bravery, Meridian officials granted him the “Hometown Hero Award,” and firefighters gave him an honorary firefighter’s badge. Officials believe Jaxson is the first dog in town history to receive either.

Good job, Jaxson.

MUST READ

Alcohol-Related Deaths Increased By This Much During The First Year Of The Pandemic

The pandemic has impacted our drinking habits and has increased the amount of alcohol-related deaths by a significant margin.

MORE BY THIS AUTHOR

6 Fantastic TV Shows That Are Even Better With Marijuana

Few things are better than getting pleasantly high, lying down on your couch, and watching a few hours of TV. Here are six shows to watch with weed.

Don't Miss Your Weekly Dose of The Fresh Toast.

Stay informed with exclusive news briefs delivered directly to your inbox every Friday.

We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe anytime.