Beautiful People is a dating site that aims to offer their services to beautiful people only. Uglies need not apply. Launched in 2002, the site recently released a list of features and traits deemed “ugly” by its members.
There are two lists, one for men and one for women. Some of the most popular entries on both include poor grooming, bad skin, and weird facial features. Women say their biggest turnoff is “effeminate” behavior, while men prioritize women’s figures, having little tolerance for women who have no shape or curves.
The Mirror has listed all of the ugly traits for both sexes. Buckle up!
Top 10 ‘ugliest’ features according to women:
- Bad mouth — too small, no lips, poor teeth
- Too short
- Bad skin
- Un-groomed facial or body hair — unibrow, nose hairs, wild beard, excessive back hair
- Crooked, large or otherwise ugly nose
- Balding or unkempt hair (not specifically styled that way)
- Bad posture
- Dirty or long nails or both
- Too skinny/scrawny/effeminate
Top 10 ‘ugliest’ features according to men:
- Obese/ overweight
- Eyes too far apart or close together or wonky
- Big/unsightly nose
- Bad skin
- Poor figure (No shape, curves)
- No butt, too much butt
- ThinFat — Skinny but; no body tone
- Bad mouth/teeth — too small, no lips, poor teeth
- Bad makeup (too much makeup, makeup not correctly applied)
- Unibrow, no plucking, too much plucking
Managing editor and founder Greg Hodge explains to The Mirror that most of the negative trains on these lists are just surface features, leaving room for improvement: “So many of the ugly traits listed are easily fixable, which means potentially there is a bigger market of beautiful people out there.” Interestingly enough, when the site was first released, Hodge was kicked out of it because he wasn’t considered beautiful enough.
Despite making headlines last year for offering rejected members plastic surgery consults, Hodge believes that the purpose of his site is a noble one. “Beautiful People members, through a democratic rating system, filter out the undesirables, in order to keep their dating community beautiful,” he told The Mirror.
While Hodge seems like a very annoying man, you can take some satisfaction in knowing that he is still too ugly to have a spot on his own website.