Thursday, July 18, 2024

The 80/20 Principle Could Help You Lose Those Extra Pounds

You might have heard of the 80/20 principle. Many celebrities claim that it’s one of the most successful methods of maintaining and losing weight. More than a fad or strict diet that people struggle to maintain for a couple of weeks, the 80/20 principle is a lifestyle and something that, once you commit to it, can be maintained for really long periods of time.

Without getting into the math of it, the focus of the method is to eat clean and healthy foods for 80 percent of your meals, leaving you with a 20 percent window where you can do and eat what you please. If you eat 3 meals a day, that means that during your week you have 3 meals where you can go crazy. A lot of experts suggest that, when starting off the method or when looking for weight loss, you should follow the 90/10 rule, which leaves you with a more strict plan that has less cheat meals per week. Once you find your groove and get to your desired weight, you can add more cheat meals and be more lenient. 

The 80/20 method is a smart way of changing your relationship to food and of helping you be more comfortable with yourself. Popsugar interviewed Yumi Lee, Jessica Alba’s trainer, who vouches for this meal plan, claiming that it’s the reason why the actress is able to maintain her weight while also having a life. 

“You can’t be a 100 percent all the time, but you can be 80 percent all the time.”

It’s understandable why this diet has so many followers and devotees. Diets and weight loss programs encourage people to eat healthy and to limit themselves, but this gets harder the longer you’ve been trying to lose weight, which is why the 80/20 rule sounds so great. Instead of limiting yourself and setting unrealistic goals for your diet, the rule suggests a change of lifestyle, which, even though it takes work, will probably provide better and longer lasting results.


The Best 4th Of July Cocktails

Here are the best 4th of July cocktails to enjoy at every event. These are easy and will be a big hit!


5 Things To Keep In Mind When Using Cannabis For Sleep

Medications have side effects, what about a natural aid. Here are 5 things to keep in mind when using cannabis for sleep

Don't Miss Your Weekly Dose of The Fresh Toast.

Stay informed with exclusive news briefs delivered directly to your inbox every Friday.

We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe anytime.