First off, before you ask yourself whether or not you should take a milkshake recipe from Kelis with a grain of salt, know that the Grammy nominated singer is a trained chef and graduate of Le Cordon Bleu.
Second, September 12 is National Milkshake Day, so even if you don’t trust a recipe from a singer who made a sextually suggestive song about — honestly, who knows? — it’s worth trying to replicate so you can take part in this national treasure of a holiday.
Related Story: Lick Pics: 19 Gorgeous Ice Cream Porn Instagrams
Now, where were we.
The recipe for this particular milkshake involves Baileys Irish Creme liquor, a cayenne-spiked cinnamon rim, ginger candy and ginger beer. This is how a milkshake becomes a tease on the playground.
Related Story: 5 Delicious New Ice Cream Trends To Try Before Summer Ends
Refinery29 has the recipe and accompanying video where, according to Kelis, people still always ask her what’s in her milkshake. Time to come up with a better pickup line, guys.
- 3 oz Baileys Original Irish Cream Liqueur
- 8 oz Ginger Beer
- 4 scoops Chocolate Ice Cream
- 5 pieces Candied Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Chili Cinnamon Rim
- Ginger Infused Whipped Cream for Garnish
- Combine Baileys, ginger beer, chocolate ice cream, candied ginger and cayenne pepper in a blender with a cup of ice. Blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into glass with chili-cinnamon-sugar rim (1:1:1).
- Top with ginger infused whipped cream and a piece of candied ginger.
- Check the yard.