Who knew the biggest restaurant opening of the New Year would be in Disneyland?
Announced back in 2014, the theme park has finally opened 21 Royal — a super-exclusive restaurant that hosts a single group of 12 people at a time at a cost of $1,200 each. (Gets out calculator). That’s nearly $15,000!
What does that buy you? Some major bragging rights, for starters.
RELATED STORY: 9 Places We Wish Served Alcohol, But Don’t (Yet)
The Robb Report got an exclusive first look at the place and shares with us these 10 fun facts that will likely make you wonder when Mickey Mouse got so damn highbrow.
1. The restaurant is actually a private two-bedroom apartment overlooking New Orleans Square.
2. The cost of the evening includes tax, gratuity, valet, and park admission.
3. 21 Royal was to be the private home of Walt and Lillian Disney, before Walt’s death in 1966.
4. Dorothea Redmond, the movie industry’s first woman production designer (Gone With the Wind, Rear Window) envisioned the space, but it was never brought to fruition until now.
5. Many of the staff members have experience in estate management and domestic service in private homes.
6. Prior to dinner, you’ll get a guided tour of the place — and hear all about the history — over cocktails.
7. Dinner is executed by chef Andrew Sutton and chef de cuisine Justin Monson.
8. The seven-course menu is fully tailored for every group.
9. Dessert can be enjoyed in the dining room or out on the balcony, where you can catch the fireworks show.
10. Reservations can be made by calling (714) 300-7749.