This might surprise you, but it turns out people love Beyoncé. You probably already knew this if you’re a human alive in 2017, but thanks to these new Instagram numbers that fact is now provable.
This year has had its share of viral moments—too many viral moments in fact (please chill on viral stuff until 2018, thanks)—and Instagram emerged as the preferred platform for celebrities to instigate events and airing out drama. Not than any of it was a publicity stunt.
But the most liked Instagram photos and videos this year generated from three stalwarts of the platform—Beyoncé, Cristiano Ronaldo, and Selena Gomez. Each captured the zeitgeist in ways personal, vulnerable, and flexing.
Related Story: What Your Instagram Posts Say About Your Personality
Check out the lists below to discover if your favorite Insta moment of 2017 made the cut.
Most-Liked Photos Of 2017:
1. Beyoncé Announces Pregnancy
2. Cristiano Ronaldo’s Family Shares Newest Members
3. Selena Gomez Receives Kidney Transplant
View this post on Instagram
I’m very aware some of my fans had noticed I was laying low for part of the summer and questioning why I wasn’t promoting my new music, which I was extremely proud of. So I found out I needed to get a kidney transplant due to my Lupus and was recovering. It was what I needed to do for my overall health. I honestly look forward to sharing with you, soon my journey through these past several months as I have always wanted to do with you. Until then I want to publicly thank my family and incredible team of doctors for everything they have done for me prior to and post-surgery. And finally, there aren’t words to describe how I can possibly thank my beautiful friend Francia Raisa. She gave me the ultimate gift and sacrifice by donating her kidney to me. I am incredibly blessed. I love you so much sis. Lupus continues to be very misunderstood but progress is being made. For more information regarding Lupus please go to the Lupus Research Alliance website: www.lupusresearch.org/ -by grace through faith
4. Beyoncé And Jay Z’s New Twins
5. Ronaldo Shows Off Newborn Twins
Most-Liked Videos Of 2017:
1. Ronaldo And His Bugatti
2. Leo Messi Sends Farewell To Teammate Neymar Jr.
3. Selena Gomez’s Hug With Fan
4. Ronaldo’s Insane Goal
5. Yes, Another Video Of Ronaldo And His Bugatti
Most-Followed Celebs Of 2017
- Selena Gomez: 130M+ followers
- Cristiano Ronaldo: 115M+ followers
- Ariana Grande: 115M+ followers
- Beyoncé: 108M+ followers
- Kim Kardashian West: 104M+ followers
- Taylor Swift: 104M+ followers
- Kylie Jenner: 99.5M+ followers
- Dwayne Johnson: 96M+ followers
- Justin Bieber: 93.9M+ followers
- Kendall Jenner: 84.8M+ followers